Education and career
- 2000: Admission to German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
2001: Accreditation as European Patent Attorney
- Dr. Nohlen works at our Hamburg office. He is active in all areas of patent law, with a particular focus on polymers, fine chemicals, oil and fuel additive technologies, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics. He is specialized in handling investigation and opposition proceedings before the EPO, including appeals, as well as in preparing legal opinions regarding the validity and infringement of patents.
- Having completed a doctorate in physical chemistry at the University of Bonn, he joined Uexküll & Stolberg as a trainee in 1997. As part of his PhD project, he did research in the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge University. While employed at Uexküll & Stolberg, he acquired experience abroad when he worked in the patent department of a large oil company in Houston, Texas, and at a law firm in Chicago, Illinois.
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)