Dr. Heinz-Peter Muth
Patents (Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Education and career
- 1996: Admission to German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
1996: Accreditation as European Patent Attorney
- Dr. Muth has comprehensive experience in designing and implementing patent applications, in carrying out opposition and appeal proceedings and in drafting opinions and patent litigation, including nullity and infringement proceedings. His principal expertise lies in the domains of chemistry and pharmaceutics.
- Dr. Muth obtained a degree in chemistry (Dipl.-Chem.) at Paderborn University and a PhD in chemistry (Dr. rer. nat.) at Osnabrück University, where he worked in the field of nucleic acid chemistry. While working as a postdoctoral researcher with Leslie Orgel at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in San Diego, USA, he acquired experience in the field of prebiotic chemistry.
- Having completed his training at Uexküll & Stolberg in the area of IP protection, he qualified as a German and European patent attorney in 1996. Since 1999, Dr. Muth has been a partner at the firm. He holds a master’s degree in law (LL.M.) in the field of European IP protection.
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- German Chemical Society (GDCh)