Education and career
- 1997: Admission to German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
1998: Accreditation as European Patent Attorney
- Dr. Janssen works at our Hamburg office, where his main focus is on the chemical industry. His role involves drafting patent applications and approvals and handling patent litigation, including nullity and infringement proceedings, with a focus on patent prosecution, oppositions, and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office. Further activities include trademark prosecution and oppositions before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the EUIPO.
- Dr. Janssen has a degree in chemistry from Heidelberg University, where he also completed a PhD in chemistry in 1994. In the same year, he joined Uexküll & Stolberg as a trainee to become a German and European patent attorney. He acquired experience in US patent practice while working at a patent law firm in Chicago, Illinois, and then in 1998 in the patent departments at ExxonMobil in Florham Park, New Jersey and Baytown, Texas. In 2009, Dr. Janssen earned the title of Master of Law in the field of European intellectual property.
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- German-Brazilian Bar Association (DBJV)
- German-Brazilian Association
- Bernd Christian Janssen holds the reins of Uexküll & Stolberg technology and gives it strong leadership. He crafts sophisticated strategies for prosecution, oppositions, and appeals and produces top-quality work and outcomes for leading pharmaceutical players.