Education and career
- 1999: Accreditation as European Patent Attorney and admission to German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- Dr. von Menges heads the biotechnology team at our firm and advises German and international clients on patents relating to the life sciences, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals. Dr. von Menges has comprehensive experience in representing clients in opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office and in legal proceedings before German courts.
- Dr. von Menges trained to become a German and European patent attorney at Uexküll & Stolberg. Previously, he had studied biology in Göttingen, Zurich, Braunschweig, and Cologne, majoring in biochemistry and genetics. For his degree thesis, he worked at the Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research in Cologne. He completed a PhD in immunology at the University of Cologne.
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)