Education and career
- 2012: Admission to German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
2013: Accreditation as European Patent Attorney
- Mr. Jacob has a degree in mechanical engineering and business from the Technical University of Braunschweig. He works at our branch in Hamburg. His main focus is on patent law, including patent prosecution, oppositions, and opposition appeal proceedings before the German Patent and Trade Mark Office and the European Patent Office. In addition, he prepares legal opinions regarding the validity and infringement of patents. His principal areas of technical expertise are mechanical engineering, in particular machine elements, production and manufacturing technology, machine tools, hydraulics, pneumatics, and medical engineering.
- Prior to joining Uexküll & Stolberg in 2016, he worked for a prestigious law firm in Frankfurt am Main. Before qualifying as an accredited patent attorney, he worked as a scientist at the Institute for Automotive Engineering at the Technical University of Braunschweig.
- Federal Association of German Patent Attorneys
- Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (epi)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- German (native speaker)
- English (fluent)